Guest blog for Five Point Five!
This is the guidelines page for guest bloggers on Five Point Five.
Note: Our guest blog program is available to bloggers, writers, photographers and passionate individuals who want to share their experiences, opinions or ideas. If your intention is simply to utilise our page rank and get back links to a product or service this is called a Sponsored Post. For sponsored posts, contact us for rates and suitability.
Guest blog guidelines
We are all about community and as such are looking for a selection of voices for blogs/articles, images, interviews and video that fit into our core topics; Making a Difference & Lifestyle Travel.
We are interested in inspiring our audience into action, whether it is checking in on an elderly neighbour or changing the world. We want to know who inspires you and are interested in travel from specific tips to armchair travel which inspires and entertains.
We would consider all manner of content on the following topics:
Making a difference
- Volunteering & community service
- Community projects
- Inspiring people
- Taking action
- Conscious travel
- Lifestyle travel, living on the road
- Reviews of accommodation, tours and adventures
- Travel Tips
- Destination Pieces
- Healthy Travel
- Armchair travel
We encourage community groups and lifestyle travellers to get in contact. We want your stories and inspiring videos!
Note: If you have an inspiring video that you would like featured without an accompanying blog send the link & embed code (don’t send videos directly please) to us with a brief description.
What you will get for your efforts
- A warm feeling in your belly!
- Links back to your website – you can have up to two links in your bio
- A spot in our content family and community
- A link to your post in our newsletter
- Promotion through our social networks
- Special favours and bragging rights!
- We may edit your articles to fit with our voice and style. We will advise you of this prior to publication, to make sure you are happy!
- Please only submit original content. If you have a copy somewhere else we will take it down.
- Please edit your work carefully prior to submission. If you are unsure about flow, try reading it out loud.
- No affiliate links please. Any links from the main body of the article need to make sense.
- Written posts should be 400-1000 words.
- Please provide your written content in plain text format.
- Video should be less than 10 minutes, preferably 1-4 minutes
- Include video embed code in your document.
- Include a bio with your article with a maximum of two links
- Keep paragraphs short and break up the post with headings and subheadings.
- Pictures must be your own, or used with permission. Include credits
- Please label your images well, including captions
- Minimum of 1 image, preferably 3+
- Your featured image must be landscape 706 x 300 px
- Keep images separate as .jpeg or .png (not in a word document).
Contact us (email firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief on your idea’s or any posts you have written. Include links to samples of your existing work.
Important: Please share your article everywhere!
We will share it like crazy – but it’s important that you do too.
To make the most of your precious work please:
- Stumble your article (and include a review)
- Post it to your network on Facebook
- Tweet it 2-3 times in the first week
- Post links to your database etc.
- Reply to all comments. Be accessible!