We have two focuses
In a nutshell Five Point Five is about inspiring you to do those things that you will remember with satisfaction for the rest of your life. Having two focuses may be a little greedy, but we didn’t want it any other way!
Focus 1: Making a Difference
The name Five Point Five was inspired by this awesome video featuring Narayanan Krishnan who quit his job to care for the destitute and mentally ill on the streets of India.
He says “Everyone has 5.5 litres of blood. I am just a human being, for me everybody is the same”.
We think with their 5.5 that everybody (yes you!) has the capacity to make a difference to their community in some way.
We find people all over the world who choose to spend their time doing something that matters. If we do a good job, their stories will inspire your socks off!
- Featured mini documentary: An inspiring story from the slums of Colombia
- The second mini doco! Women’s rights and football from the island of Ometepe.
- The CALI Award for modern day heroes
- Volunteer opportunities and experiences
Focus 2: Lifestyle Travel
Like many people we are passionate about travel and some of the team have created a way to travel permanently.
We spend our days having adventures, discovering new places and immersing ourselves in the struggles and triumphs of other peoples lives around the world.
Members of the Five Point Five team have traveled since April 2012 through Latin America and we bring you up to the moment blogs and articles for those who wish to armchair travel or get out there and do it yourself. Check out:
- Armchair Travel – from the comfort of your home
- Travel related blogs and videos
- Hotel and Hostel Reviews and Video Reviews to help you plan your travel in Latin America
- Travel How To – useful posts for those on the road or planning their big trip.
Where to start
New to the website? Here are some posts we think will tickle your fancy…
- 10 ways to change the world in your lunch break
- Turtle conservation in Costa Rica
- Our first ever feature video
If you want to be inspired on a regular basis make sure you subscribe!
We will keep you up to date with adventures, stories and opportunities to travel. We will show you how to make a difference for people in other countries or in your own back yard.
Work with us
If you like what you see and want to get involved, you have options galore. Consider:
Interested in who we are?