We stayed in Caye Caulker for a week, which would have been much longer if we hadn’t already booked a flight to Cuba (doh!). Caye Caulker is a white sand, tropical paradise unlike anything else!
All the buildings are fun and brightly coloured, like Toon Town with only some of the wobbles. Caye Caulker is only a small island, if there was a path you could walk around the whole island in 2-3 hours (if you could actually get around it… yes we tried!).
While there are not any amazing beaches on Caye Caulker, it boasts a chilled way of life and a garden bar, where the garden is underwater. The local people are friendy, the way of life is simple: swimming, snorkeling, basketball, volleyball and plenty of hammock time.
Want more on Caye Caulker?
- Diving the Blue Hole
- Photo Blog: Snorkel Caye Caulker, Shark and Ray Alley
- Where to Stay: Yuma’s Guest House
- The Ultimate Barcelona Travel Guide – Discover Barcelona Like a Local! - October 17, 2017
- Travel Tips: How to find Vegetarian Restaurants - October 26, 2015
- Dealing With Car Trouble In the Middle of Nowhere… - September 8, 2015