After my obsession with beading in Copacabana I was determined to buy some more beads in La Paz. I was in luck because the first day we went for a wander around our gorgeous little neighborhood and we found a little bead shop!
The next day I popped in and bought all those goodies you see there.
Although they mostly had nice big holes compared to the other ones I bought, there was still a huge variance in size for each colour.
Anyway I finished number 3 in Copacabana…
Which my sister promptly claimed when I got to NZ. I also finished number 4 which is a bright sparkly number:
Now that I have made four beaded bracelets without a loom I am seeing that the hardest bits are:
- Getting the first row (or two) started
- keeping the bracelet even from beginning to end
- tying off the nylon without it being a big chunky hard knot.
I bought some fixings so that the bracelets can be easily removed and it makes them look a little more fancy. But mainly because a knotted end is pretty permanent.
Next step is to get a little more creative with the designs and to make some wider pieces.
I would love to know what travel crafts you take on the road – please share!
More travel craft posts!
- The Ultimate Barcelona Travel Guide – Discover Barcelona Like a Local! - October 17, 2017
- Travel Tips: How to find Vegetarian Restaurants - October 26, 2015
- Dealing With Car Trouble In the Middle of Nowhere… - September 8, 2015